Abalone farmers are constantly looking for greater efficiencies in terms grading their product, which can be graded in different size classes and weight categories. With Paltrack’s Scale Grader solution clients are able to grade their abalone more accurately and manage the grading process effectively.
The solution comprises of, the software, a tablet (or computer), a scale as well as a lighting system. The system will allow a user to:
- configure the scale grader as required
- create grading and target sessions according to grading plan
- create various grade ranges per session
- grade the product accurately
- view reports for completed grade sessions
Scale Grader software can be run in a variety of configuration modes:
- In Standalone mode, the solution will work completely on its own. Each PC running Scale Grader will be responsible for creating their Grade Sessions and Grade Ranges. All baskets graded in this mode will belong to the specific instance.
- In Managed Mode, the solution will be controlled by an instance of Scale Grader that has been configured for Manager or Resonance Integration Mode. In Managed Mode, the solution cannot create its own Grade Sessions or Grade Ranges. Instead, these Sessions and Ranges will be assigned to the instance. Baskets graded are then counted against the Grade Session. If multiple Scale Grader instances are grading against the same Grade Session, the total number of Baskets and Total weight graded will be accumulated together.
- In Manager Mode, the solution will be responsible for Creating Grade Sessions, assigning the Grade Session to available Scale Graders and printing Reports. In this mode, Scale Grader cannot actually be used to Grader any animals / baskets.