During January and February 2017, CRI hosted their annual two-day Postharvest workshops at each of the six packhouse study groups, i.e. Limpopo, Mpumalanga [Loskopdam], Mpumalanga [Nelspruit], KZN & Swaziland, Eastern Cape and Western Cape.
These workshops have become the premier technology transfer platform for packhouses and related role players in the citrus industry. All of the 316 citrus packhouses in the country participate in these workshops.
The workshops enable citrus packhouses, representatives from the agro-chemical industry, citrus exporters, and membership groupings from the CRI Postharvest Technical Forum (CRI-PTF), as well as PPECB, the Department of Agriculture and delegates from other citrus related industries, to remain on the cutting edge of developments. Participants are provided with the latest information from the citrus packing industry and get exposure to other role players in the post-harvest field and services within the industry.
A sponsorship base was created to assist with the cost of running the workshops and to provide sponsors with the broadest possible exposure to their market segments within the citrus industry. As a Bronze sponsor of these workshops, Paltrack attended all the workshops in the respective areas. Paltrack offers an innovative and seasoned software solution for the packhouse environment, branded PALPACK.
PALPACK is a comprehensive software solution developed for the fresh produce packhouse environment. It provides clients with full management, visibility and traceability of product from bulk receiving at the packhouse throughout the packing process up to finished goods warehousing and shipping.
The solution provides for:-
- Bin receiving, handling and storage
- Empty Bin Movements
- Degreening and Drenching Management (Citrus)
- Pack Run Configuration, Packout and Management Reporting
- Pre-Sorter Integration
- Scale Integration
- Label Generation (standard, Print-On-Demand, Peel-and-Present, in-Line Label generation)
- Carton Management Module (on-demand label generation with RF carton and dispatch scanning)
- Inspection Management (integrates with TITAN)
- Quality Control for Deliveries, Production and Stock
- Packer Performance Management
- Packhouse Inventory Control
- Broker Sales Management
- Packing and Loading Instructions
- Finished Goods Stock Management
- Financial Functionality and Third party System Integration
- Various Scanning Technologies
- Report Generation
- Dashboards Services
PALPACK is offered in various versions, depending of the functionality required at a specific customer.
We are a leading supplier of software solutions, product coding and integration services to the South African agricultural industry. Our focus is on supply chain visibility from producer to port, and we build and source solutions that meet our unique customer’s needs through all market verticals. Our primary clients are in the fruit and aquaculture industries, but our software is flexible and customisable for most traceability requirements.